Goldey–Beacom College is a private college located in a suburb of Wilmington, Delaware. The college was founded in 1886 as Wilmington Commercial College. A few years later one of the college’s instructors, W.H. Beacom, left to open his own school only blocks away. In 1951, the two institutions merged and in 1974, the college relocated from its downtown Wilmington location to the present suburban Pike Creek campus.